Yield: 4 servings
* 8 slices country-style white bread, sliced 1/2-inch thick
* 12 ounces farmhouse Cheddar, sliced
* 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
* 12 slices bacon, cooked to desired doneness
* 1 green apple, thinly sliced
* Dijon mustard
Heat griddle or large skillet over medium-low heat. Alternatively you
can use your panini press if you have one.
Assemble sandwich: Generously spread Dijon on 4 slices of bread. Top
with slices of Cheddar, 3 pieces of bacon, apple slices and additional
Cheddar. Place the remaining bread on top and spread with butter.
Place on skillet buttered-side down and butter the remaining side.
Cook until cheese is slightly melted and bread is browned. Flip the
sandwich and continue to cook until cheese is thoroughly melted and
sandwich is golden brown.